06 September 2006

Wildlife Wednesday - R. Jehn

I am an environmentalist. I am a tree-hugger. I wish all the cars would stop and only trains, buses, and other such mass-transportation vehicles would work. And I love all creatures (although I have a hell of a hard time with what humans do some of the time). Here is a tiny creature that spent a lot of time in the camellia bush outside the front door in Shelton when I lived there. He kindly sat still for a few moments to let me take this. The photo was taken in March 2004. Oh, he is a rufous hummingbird, one of the more aggressive of the clan, although it's a hard term to reconcile with the notion (and physical presence) of hummingbirds. They are particularly protective of nesting sites and afraid of nothing that moves ...



RIchard Jehn

Only a few posts now show on a page, due to Blogger pagination changes beyond our control.

Please click on 'Older Posts' to continue reading The Rag Blog.