05 November 2008

POETRY / Richard Jehn: All the Colour

Truck Road, Welcome, Washington. Photo by author. Click to enlarge.

All the Colour


Driving through a cavern of colour,
Unwittingly watching my life change as the leaves.
For all the times I drove that highandlowway,
Never did I see it so profoundly as that day.

I wanted to believe in God.
That's how beautiful and moving was the experience.
Knowing that I had answered two key questions
Certainly, for once.

Too long waiting,
But finally the answers.
And with them god-food:
Cajun smoked salmon from the best.

To make a loving dish for someone special,
A Friend so dear, means so much.
The cadence of quiet, the rhythm of soft.
The leaves' brush of love.

By Richard Jehn
28 October 2008

The Rag Blog

Only a few posts now show on a page, due to Blogger pagination changes beyond our control.

Please click on 'Older Posts' to continue reading The Rag Blog.