17 January 2007

Killing Off the Rattlesnakes

We were rather annoyed when we discovered that George had said this. We can appreciate Steve Pizzo's analysis:

LIE #2: When asked during his 60-Minute's interview last Sunday if he felt he owed the Iraqi people an apology for botching the management of the war, Bush responded, ``Not at all. ``We liberated that country from a tyrant,'' Bush said. ``I think the Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude.''

Seriously! Let's try the question another way, George. Say I came down to your Crawford ranch – uninvited -- with the self-appointed mission of ridding your ranch of rattle snakes. In the process I kill your horses, mow down your fences, burn down your barn, cut down the power poles to your home and accidentally killed half your neighbors in the process. Then, while I did kill some big rattlers, I seemed to have stirred up nests of the little buggers and now you have more snakes on the plain than ever before. When you suggest I leave, instead I announce I am bringing in more of exterminators, promising this time to finish the job. Would you be reassured? Would you be thankful? Or might you feel that I owe you an apology – not to mention a new horse?


Read all of it here.

Only a few posts now show on a page, due to Blogger pagination changes beyond our control.

Please click on 'Older Posts' to continue reading The Rag Blog.