05 November 2006

Cold, Hard Facts, Episode V

I knew there was a reason that I headlined this recent post as I did.

"The problems in Iraq are ahead of us, but we're doing better than people think. And a year from now, I'll be very surprised if there is not some grand square in Baghdad that is named after President Bush. There is no doubt that, with the exception of a very small number of people close to a vicious regime, the people of Iraq have been liberated and they understand that they've been liberated. And it is getting easier every day for Iraqis to express that sense of liberation." Richard Perle, 22 September 2003, address to the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research

If you need the source for the quote, I've saved you the trouble.

Only a few posts now show on a page, due to Blogger pagination changes beyond our control.

Please click on 'Older Posts' to continue reading The Rag Blog.